- # of Openings
- Ventra Kansas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Manager will, under limited supervision, manage and coordinate the activities of the Materials department in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. They will do this by overseeing operations and executing tasks as necessary relative to materials scheduling, customer service, shipping, receiving, distribution, supply chain management and production scheduling, either directly or through subordinate managers, to ensure achievement of company goals and objectives. This position participates fully in department initiatives and the coaching, training and mentoring of the department team members. This position will work closely with the plant and operations managers.
- System Maintenance on ECN's, NAFTA's, MRP and CMS Inventory accuracy
- Set-up/maintain all new production related purchased items in CMS (AS/400 database)
- Maintain price lists in CMS for all purchased items
- Work with Corporate Purchasing to maintain Commodity code accuracy on purchased items
- Set-up/maintain Blanket PO’s for production related items
Work with Corporate purchasing to review and analyze submitted quotations, understand costing, negotiate with vendors
Corporate reporting to Director of Purchasing (Metals Divisions); participate in conference calls
Work with Engineer as a liaison with supplier for cost savings and continuous improvements projects
Participate in APQP meetings
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties
Arrange Freight and Trucking
Update supplier rating charts and issue yearly
Attend daily production meetings
Supplier interface-Telephone, email, fax
File all documentation
Oversee Materials Coordinator in their daily functions
Special duties as required
- Knowledge of all aspects of their department
- Human relations skills to run a team oriented department and excellent time management skills
- Community college or university degree in appropriate discipline
- Five years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Time management skills.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications and a sound knowledge of company computer program for inventory control.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4195