- # of Openings
- Materials Manager
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Purchases and manages the incoming and outgoing of materials by ensuring that materials meet the customer’s specifications and quality standards.
- Reviews Just-in-time (JIT) schedule to ensure all requirements are in place;
- Maintains and improves delivery of materials by using reliable transportation system and suppliers;
- Sources for competitive quotes, and purchases items at competitive prices and reviews requisitions for authorization;
- Oversees market testing of raw material components and sends to selected suppliers for quotes to ensure cost competitiveness;
- Communicates and places orders only with QS 9000 certified suppliers;
- Issues purchase orders for every production item purchased and ensures that all purchase orders contain quality requirements and are safe;
- Assesses suppliers continuously by monitoring supplier performance and development, surveys and audits;
- Prioritizes and builds schedules according to customer’s requirements and monitors progress of work through production;
- Manages cycle counts of components, work-in-process (WIP) and finished product;
- Reviews weekly load pattern, planning schedules and capacity planning to ensure availability of materials and to accommodate hotlist and customer’s requirements;
- Implements and streamlines purchasing, inventory and scheduling procedures for efficiency;
- Communicates and interacts with other Flex-N-Gate companies regarding coding, costs and new programs;
- Procures supplies by establishing minimum and maximum inventory levels and reorders quantities as required;
- Presents hotlist to managers during daily production and review meetings;
- Participates in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) meetings in support of cross-functional teams and facilitates material review board meetings;
- Completes production plan by establishing priorities, scheduling activities and monitoring progress and resolving problems;
- Develops production plan by coordinating customers requirements with production departments;
- Communicates with suppliers and customers on a daily basis;
- Maintains materials staff by counseling, coaching and appraising job performance as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Materials and Distribution/Logistics.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years materials experience in an automotive environment.
REQUIRED TRAINING: PMAC, Vanguard, AS/400, Purchasing
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: Inventory Management.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.