- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- The Materials Manager will, under limited supervision, manage and coordinate the activities of the Materials department in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. They will do this by overseeing operations and executing tasks as necessary relative to materials scheduling, customer service, shipping, receiving, distribution, supply chain management and production scheduling, either directly or through subordinate managers, to ensure achievement of company goals and objectives. This position participates fully in department initiatives and the coaching, training and mentoring of the department team members. This position will work closely with the plant and operations managers.
- Lead and manage Materials Management Team of Associates consisting of Hourly and Salary Associates for Manufacturing facility, ultimately building a high performing team – including performance reviews, succession planning, hiring, recruiting, career development, training, recognition and discipline, etc.
- Sustain and continuously improve Material Handling Safety standards and performance.
- Owner of Plant MPL Processes – Receiving, Material Handling, Supplier Scheduling, Production Planning, Inventory Control, Logistics/Customs, and Shipping.Consistently demonstrate results driven leadership as measured by MPL Balanced Scorecard Metrics, with Monthly Leadership Reviews, through process excellence.
- Work directly with OEM customers, developing strong customer relationships in the pursuit of excellent customer satisfaction, while preserving the business objectives of Flex-N-Gate. Work closely with Corporate Logistics team to optimize Transportation spend and service levels. As required, necessary decision making related to expedited shipments.
- Serve as local MPL Champion for Lean / Continuous Improvement initiatives, inclusive of shop floor visual management and flow, Plan for Every Part (PFEP), 5S, Etc.
- Responsible for oversight and management of all systemic material transactions, inclusive of receiving, manufacturing, and shipping – with a process driven approach minimizing risk and assuring accuracy.
- Responsible for systemic inbound supply management, inclusive of Supplier Electronic Releases, Supplier Delivery Attainment, ASN’s, Supplier Scorecards, Packaging, and Labeling.
- Work closely on a daily basis with other functional leads, including Finance, Supplier Quality, Quality, Sales, Program Management, Manufacturing, and Engineering to optimize overall business.
- Attend and/or lead periodic team meetings as required – with a strong focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead Supply Chain responsibilities related to inbound or outbound continuity of supply threats through effective resource deployment, organization, problem analysis and resolution, crisis management, and bottleneck or constraint resolution. Lead and ensure the delivery of MPL responsibilities related to new program launches, capacity changes, and product changes.
- Lead and or support internal plant material flow initiatives that optimize plant output, minimize cost, and improve quality.
- Lead the optimization of current Supply Chain Management technologies while consistently striving for technological advancements aligned with improved delivery of results.
- Special duties as required
- Knowledge of all aspects of their department
- Human relations skills to lead a team oriented department and excellent time management skills
- Community college or university degree in appropriate discipline – preferably with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering/Management.
- Minimum of Eight years work experience in a manufacturing or supply chain management environment.
- Minimum of four years work experience in a Supervisory or Managerial role.
- APICS or ISM Certification preferred.
- Tier 1 or OEM Automotive Supply Chain Experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications and a sound knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.