- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Coordinator /Planner will help with all incoming Raw materials, Purchased components, Packaging, Sub-suppliers and Outside Services to support Manufacturing and Shipping requirements in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. This position participates fully in department initiatives.
- Plan and schedule presses, personnel needs, machine capabilities, material availability to achieve 100% service level
- Maintain thorough understanding of production process through daily communication meetings with press support team including die, press, bin, personnel availability and timing. Continually assess capacity vs demand.
- Responsible for the creation, prioritization and maintenance of press schedule (daily) that satisfies customer demand and maintain stability in terms of material, capacity, and employee availability. Maintain appropriate levels of raw materials (steel) and stampings based on customer, outside service and production capabilities.
- Ensure schedule adherence and investigate deviations to make adjustments to schedule and resource needs. Manage operations to strike balance between demand, labour, equipment, outside services, maintenance requirements.
- Ability to reprioritize based on machine capabilities. (banking of stampings for machine down times)
- Ensure raw materials (steel) are scheduled for maximum efficiency. Coordinate delivery of steel to meet production requirements in timely manner. Prepare truck schedules and releases for steel and resin suppliers. Integrate changes into production plan based on availability. Liaise with suppliers for any delivery discrepancy causing deviations in press schedule
- Prepare and update purchase orders for raw materials. Stay up to date on pricing changes to alleviate administrative correction.
- Work with purchasing team for monthly/yearly steel buy based on requirements
- Community college diploma in purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC; and/or
- Experience in manufacturing i.e. assembly, moulding and stamping.
- Experience in managing material from incoming to outgoing, scheduling suppliers and vendors.
- Lead and direct – interdepartmental communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 7465