Materials Coordinator - B Shift (Afternoons)
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Shelby, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Coordinator will manage group of production suppliers and customers. Job duties include issuing releases for purchased materials/components/outside services to support manufacturing and shipping requirements. Schedule and monitor inventory levels through entire process including communication with customers in regards to their requirements and transportation needs. This position requires Team Work in working closely with all internal and external vendors and customers to achieve our department and company goals and objectives.
- Coordinate all incoming logistics planning with suppliers, as applicable
- Utilize an AS400 based ERP system to complete tasks and run reports.
- Issue firm and forecast releases to vendors on an ongoing basis for all production related items (i.e. Purchased Materials/Components/outside services to support manufacturing and customer requirements)
- Coordinate receiving schedules to ensure a smooth flow of incoming products to cover production plan and customer needs
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels for proper stock levels along with inventory accuracy
- Complete cycle counts as required from Inventory Control or when variances are discovered
- Troubleshooting inventory variances, understanding transactions in CMS and perform root cause analysis and corrective actions to eliminate re-occurrence.
- Work as a team with Warehouse to designate storage locations for all purchased materials/components.
- Monitor receipt data into CMS and monitor FIFO of materials throughout the plant.
- Coordinate various outbound shipments related to vendors/customers
- Work with Quality Team on non-conforming material issues. (Ensuring that production is protected)
- On-call from the plant by cell phone after hours
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties
- General knowledge of PPAP, IATF 16949, ISO14001, SDS, CTPAT and HSE requirements
- Community college diploma in purchasing or related field and/or a minimum of 3 to 5 years in the automotive industry
- 2 years Inventory control experience
- Experience with Sequencing / Assembly is a plus
- Advanced skills with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills to investigate and communicate data to other team members
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm for new challenges and initiatives.
- Strong analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Maintain professional communication and behavior both internally and externally
- Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4167