Materials Analyst-Outisde Vendor Processing
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This individual will manage Flex-N-Gate owned inventory on-site at vendor. Audits all raw material, work in process, finished inventory and scrap to support manufacturing and shipping requirements for all Flex-N-Gate plants in accordance with stated policies and procedures. Ensures achievement of company goals and objectives.
This position will sit in our Vendors facility located in Flat Rock, Michigan.
- Audit physical inventory of all FNG owned raw materials and scrap at outside processing vendors in Flat Rock, MI
- Sit on-site at our vendor in Flat Rock, Michigan
- Audit all FNG owned inventory and scrap through various processing stations or process control points
- Collect and report data on production problems, monitor and oversee required corrective actions
- Receive inbound FNG owned raw material shipments at processing vendors into CMS system
- Remotely access CMS system reports to troubleshoot inventory discrepancies and monitor accuracy
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner any risks detected in the vendor process that could negatively impact quality, production output or cause materials shortages at FNG plants – exercise prudent judgement in matters requiring escalation for resolution.
- Hold regular weekly webex meetings with FNG plants and vendor personnel
- Validate and analyze gage thickness of FNG owned coils - work with raw material suppliers to help resolve any adverse variances to nominal/upper/lower limits with the goal of maximizing blanking yields
- Coordinate with quality and materials departments at multiple FNG plants to provide timely dispositioning of non-conforming raw materials, work in process and finished goods inventory
- Participate in plant meetings at vendor site, prioritize and manage an open issues list
- Ensure outside processing vendors adhere to established lot control procedures and labelling methods in transformation of raw material to finished goods
- Provide on-site liaison and support to FNG quality and material departments as issues arise.
- On a regular basis, verify amount of coil edge trim, lead and tail and blanking offal scrap amounts claimed by outside processing vendors
- Coordinate all raw material and finished goods logistics planning with suppliers and FNG plants
- Verify finished product warehouse/shipping dock and report daily to FNG plants regarding: proper labeling, quantities, part numbers, external damage, approved packaging methods and shipping conditions.
- Support continuous improvement activities at vendor site and monitor project timing.
- Ensure maintenance of required minimum inventory levels at outside processing vendors and monitor for accuracy regularly with cycle counts.
- Monitor FIFO of raw materials, WIP and finished goods throughout vendor plant and flag issues as necessary
- Troubleshoot any inventory discrepancies between FNG plant CMS databases and its co-relation to outside vendor portal/inventory database and root cause analysis
- Coordinate shipping and ensure proper labelling of trial quantity lots to various FNG plants – facilitate communications with various departments at FNG plants
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- General knowledge of PPAP, IATF16949, ISO14001, MSDS, CTPAT and Health & Safety requirements
- On-call from the plant by cell phone after hours
- College or University diploma in Supply Chain or Materials Management
- Minimum 5 years automotive manufacturing industry experience
- Minimum 3 years materials analyst and Inventory control experience
- Experience with steel / aluminum is an asset
- Experience with Quality management and troubleshooting is an asset
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Spanish language communication is an asset
- High Energy, self-starter individual with a positive attitude. Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with MRP databases and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work alone and prioritize on a regular basis.
- Motivated team player with ability to muti-task as necessary.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with keen attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4876