- # of Openings
- Materials Planner
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Administrator will help with all incoming Raw materials, Purchased components, Packaging, Sub-suppliers and Outside Services to support Manufacturing and Shipping requirements in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. This position participates fully in department initiatives.
- Assist with on time delivery of buy parts and outside processed parts
- Participate with Material Requirement Planning (MRP) improvements / implementation team
- Manage cycle count activities and analyzing inventory discrepancy, making sure inventory accuracy and working with team members in resolving issue
- Participate with Inventories and working with Shipping in ensuring correct shipping labels
- Provide training and instruction on Manufacturing System to individuals
- Coordinate activities with outside service and work with production scheduler in prioritization and scheduling
- Update CMS routings, standard rates, BOMS and maintain system’s part list
- Supplier interface-telephone, email, fax etc.
- Manages and Issue crib item’s purchase order in CMS
- Verify receipt data entry from Receivers
- Training of Receivers on receiving into CMS and other databases, as required
- Constantly look for improvements and help implementation solutions
- Obtain and ensure current MSDS for items purchased are on file at all times
- Obtain and ensure valid supplier certifications are on file at all times (ISO/TS/Enviro.14001)
- File all documentation
- Update Supplier ratings, supplier manual rate and delivery
- Special duties as required
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Community college diploma in purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC; and/or
- Minimum 1 to 3 years in the automotive industry
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.