- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Shelby, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Material Handler works with Supervisor coordinating daily production floor activities, including housekeeping.Â Other duties may be assigned. Reads work instructions or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.Â Drives industrial forklift equipped with lifting devices to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products and materials by performing the following duties - at our new manufacturing facility in Shelby Twp. MI (Southeastern Michigan).
- Inventory materials on the work floor and supply work cells with materials as needed.
- Load or unload materials as needed.
- Bring correct containers to work area without disrupting production.
- Place finished goods in proper area.
- Report any equipment issues to active supervisor or manager.
- Work within a team environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attendance - Good Attendance
- Safety - Follows all safety rules
- Quality - Attention to detail and committed to excellence
- Productivity - Working at a fast pace meeting productivity goals and standards
- Teamwork - Works well with others and follows instructions
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- 1+ year experience in the Automotive Industry preferred
- Basic Math, Reading and Comprehension Skills
- Ability to pass Forklift Training and receive license (will train)
- Ability to safely operate Forklift and other machinery related to the Materials Department
- Physical ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Driving, standing, reaching twisting, bending and walking,
- Operating Forklift and other related machinery in Materials Department in a manufacturing/Plant environment.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3082