- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Master Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring best practice(s) in demand planning, inventory planning, production planning and supply planning. He/she will plan an inventory reduction strategies. This position will work closely with the Manufacturing and Materials teams.
- Responsible for the development and schedule of 18 Weld Machines, Injection Molding Lines and Metal Press lines
- Develops master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each product to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of mixing, baking, assembly, packaging, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Responsible for overseeing WIP inventory.
- Coordinating the activities of production and operation workers, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
- Ensure that production schedules are created and completed on time, and within budget, in order to meet Customer Quality and Delivery requirements
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Reviews batch tickets and prepares production reports.
- Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- Helps prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Oversees accuracy of master data.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Collects and researches data such as inventory levels, production resources, etc.
- Identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Prepares custom reports for management.
- Develops project plans, coordinates projects, and communicates changes and progress.
- Works in collaboration with Purchasing, Commercialization, and Accounting as it relates to transactions, general ledgers, cost studies, dollar amounts, etc.
- Participates in month-end inventory and investigates variances.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Works with external customers
- Extensive Excel experience using Pivot Tables, ERP, Inquiry Screens
- Implementation/Creation of Schedules for 18 lines
- Learn Machinery and Inventory levels to work the floor efficiently
- Knowledge of all aspects of their department
- Human relations skills to run a team-oriented department and excellent time management skills
- Community college or university degree in appropriate discipline
- Five years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Time management skills.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications and a sound knowledge of company computer program for inventory control.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2529