- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the facility operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Responsible for production schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs. Must be shop-floor orientated and provide "hands-on" product/process support for all reports in a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement for assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- Work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local and/or Federal rules and regulations
- Communicates, trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of quality parts
- Assesses training needs and supports employee training, including communication of procedures and work practices to employees
- Mentors and develops personnel. Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends methods to improve skills
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work activities
- Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labor efficiencies, and quality indicators for assigned cost centers
- Measures performance and quality
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process indicators
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Materials, Maintenance, Automation and Quality to meet production schedules
- Meets daily with the Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities
- Ensures adequate product is available for on-time shipment. Strives to meet production schedules so as to keep overtime requirements to a minimum and is able to communicate to Management Team the reasons the production schedule is not met
- Determines the cause of production problems and resolves the issues directly or by assigning appropriate resources
- Assists in determining root cause pf PPM's and non-conforming product and helps come up with corrective actions
- Follows ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 requirements
- Supervise direct and indirect employees on shift
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 year Associates Degree
- 5 years experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, teamwork interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.