- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The manufacturing supervisor is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Responsible for production schedules and posting of daily work assignments upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide hands-on product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. The individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, Provincial and/or Federal rules and regulations and, if applicable, Collective Agreement
- Communicates, trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality parts
- Mentors and develops lower level supervisors. Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends methods to improve interpersonal communications
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work according to the demand of manufacturing schedules
- Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments for optimization of manufacturing output
- Assess each employee's abilities and skills to match with capabilities required for each area of the manufacturing floor
- Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labour efficiencies, direct operation expenses and quality indicators for assigned cost centres
- Measures performance and quality
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules
- Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities
- Bachelors degree in Business Management/Technical Science; or equivalent
- Certificate in Manufacturing Leadership; or equivalent
- 5 years experience in automotive manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in Occupational Health & Safety laws and regulations
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, problem solving, teamwork, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems
- Ability to seek a team approach
- Ability to give guidance and direction as required
- Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee line operations with little to no direction
- Available on a 3 shift operation (days, afternoons & midnights)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.