- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, Provincial and/or Federal rules and regulations.
- Communicates, Trains, guides and coaches employees to optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality products.
- Mentors and develops lower level supervisors. Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends methods to improve communications.
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work according to the demand of the manufacturing schedules.
- Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments to personal for optimization of manufacturing output.
- Assesses each employee’s abilities and skills to match with capabilities required for each area of the manufacturing floor.
- Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labour efficiencies, direct operating expenses and quality indicators for assigned cost centers.
- Measures performance and quality.
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators.
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules
- Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities.
- 1-3 years’ related work experience
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Strong Time Management skills and Conflict Resolution.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates solid leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
- Ability to seek a team approach.
- Ability to give guidance and direction in an effective and appropriate manner.
- Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee the line with little to no direct supervision.
- Availability to support/operate on off shifts as required.
- Ability to deliver business results both independently and through others.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.