- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, Provincial and/or Federal rules and regulations.
- Communicates, trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality products.
- Helps investigate injuries, accidents, or near misses throughout the plant and provides detailed documentation to Human Resources, EHS, and/or Manager.
- Measures performance and quality and puts actions in place using problem solving techniques.
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators.
- Maintains & improves 5-S Standards & housekeeping in designated zone and throughout the plant.
- Relieves operators for breaks as needed.
- Performs set-up verification.
Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments to personal for optimization of manufacturing output.
Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labor efficiencies, direct operating expenses and quality indicators.
- Communicates and performs inspections daily with Supervisor of next shift on current production issues.
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules.
- Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities.
- Follows ISO14001 guidelines as they relate to specific job activities.
- Performs duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Performs other responsibilities as directed/assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Technical Science or equivalent Experience Preferred.
- 5 years’ supervisory/leadership experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous supervisory leadership experience required.
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Health and Safety Act, Labor Laws.
Knowledgeable in Conflict Resolution Management, Time Management.
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
- Ability to seek a team approach.
- Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee the line with little to no direct supervision.
- Solid computer proficiency.
- Availability to support/operate on off shifts as required.
- Ability to deliver business results both independently and through others.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret production reports.
- Ability to lead, providing coaching, counseling, motivation
- Plastic Injection Molding Processing experience preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Regular need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk; hear; taste; and smell.
- Regular need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Moving mechanical parts
- Outside weather conditions
- Extreme cold and heat
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.