- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
To ensure that all products produced adhere to customer specifications by maintaining high levels of safety, quality and production.
- Responsible for maintaining plant production requirements and customer production requirements
- Enforcement of complete quality systems and procedures (i.e. first off procedure)
- Ensures production operators perform quality checks
- Responsible for controlling scrap and rework levels
- Reacts to all tooling problems by means of trouble shooting
- Ensures all quantities and packaging concerns are addressed
- Initiates necessary corrective actions to resolve any outstanding process concerns on a regular basis
- Monitors hourly production rates and addresses related issues
- Ensure Continuous Improvement initiatives on shop floor
- Conducts orientation with all new hires or transferred employees
- Responsible for training new hires on the safe and efficient manner to run machinery
- Monitors performance and conducts performance evaluations as required
- Administers the Collective Agreement with all plant employees
- Responsible for ensuring employees working in a safe manner, and follows all Health and Safety laws
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping is kept up on the plant floor
- University Degree in Mechanical, Automotive & Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology Program
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.