Manufacturing Supervisor - Steady Midnights
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Supervises assembling of automotive parts to ensure customers’ requirements are maintained.
- Organizes manpower to ensure production requirements are met on a daily basis;
- Monitors workcells to ensure production operators are maintaining quality and throughput;
- Records grievances, investigates accidents, and trains new employees according to the standardized work instructions;
- Enforces proper bar coding and labeling of parts;
- Coordinates action plans with Quality Assurance to ensure customer requirements on Parts Per Million (PPM) standards are achieved;
- Monitors modified work program and ensures that progressive return to work plans are followed;
- Ensures parts are inspected to customer specifications;
- Tracks JITs and hotlists to ensure product is expedited and timelines are met;
- Participates in team projects and committees as required;
- Monitors, follows and updates work instructions as required;
- Coordinates with program manager to establish new program launches;
- Prepares daily production report from all workcells for the manager;
- Monitors data entry for Defects Input Module (DIM) by ensuring collection of accurate data;
- Monitors mechanical failures of equipment and contacts maintenance for repairs;
- Studies improvements on production methods to enhance productivity and efficiency;
EDUCATION: Grade 12 as a minimum or ideal fit College Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing/automotive industry.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Microsoft Office Software, TS 16949, Customer specific defect training.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.