Manufacturing Supervisor - Paint Plant
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Primary responsibility is the supervision of activities within the plant through assigned team leaders or other subordinate employees. Responsible to ensure production objectives are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Scope of the Position
Manufacturing Supervisor in a shift rotation operation.
- Exercises direct supervision over department employees with respect to safety, production, quality, and quantity and meeting production schedules.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies, CBA to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of ship, department, or work crews.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual department.
- Able to perform activities of workers supervised.
- And other duties as assigned.
- 2 year associates degree is required. 4 year degree is preferred. At least two (2) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Manages a department, consisting of employee at varying levels within the Organization. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have knowledge and experience of production painting and quality on a production painting line.
Job Reference #: 4041