Manufacturing Superintendent - Shift A
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Superintendent will be responsible for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the plant production department. This function is accountable for meeting production standards as well as maintaining a high productivity and efficiency rate for the hourly workforce. The Manufacturing Superintendent will work closely with the rest of the leadership team in the implementation of plant objectives as well as supporting the facility polices, programs and procedures.
- Supervises, directs and coordinates personnel activities concerned with production. This would involve but not be limited to knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, standards and machine and equipment capabilities.
- Interacts with plant management to establish production and quality standards.
- Plans and directs production activities and priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities along with safety, procurement, maintenance, production planning, and quality control activities to obtain optimal use of employee and equipment resources.
- Reviews and analyzes production to determine causes of non-conformity with production specifications and operating or production problems.
- Thorough collaboration and effective communication with all appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality.
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering to modify machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Revises production schedule as necessary.
- Effectively communicates any changes in schedules, production or procedures to all shifts and employees.
- Directly supports the Manufacturing Manager in all aspects of daily plant operations.
- Assume all duties and responsibilities of the acting Manufacturing Manager when needed.
- Manages performance and development of all of their direct reports.
- Ensure that training occurs for new employees as well as cross training of existing employees.
- Respectful and appropriate communications in interdepartmental meetings, and all internal and external contacts.
- Ensures compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc.);
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelors level degree in the general fields of engineering or business.
- Proven understanding of and experience in a manufacturing environment (metal stamping background would be ideal).
- At least ten (10) years of progressive job responsibilities working in a manufacturing setting.
- At least three (3) years in a managerial role supervising multiple shifts.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
- Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must have proven success in leading teams to resolve specific problems.
- Knowledge of PC's and software programs Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of manufacturing.
- Ability and willingness to act in the role of a mentor.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
- Career goals should be plant manager and beyond.
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage their day.
- Strong understanding of machinery and equipment but with the ability to know when to assume the responsibility and when to delegate.
- Strong commitment to safety and quality.
- Majority of time is spent on plant floor.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Weekend work may be required.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
- May be required to use PPE.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.