Manufacturing/Materials Supervisor - South Assembly
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is the supervision of activities within the plant through assigned team leaders or other subordinate employees. Responsible to ensure production objectives are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. The Successful candidate will be one who is looking to advance his/her manufacturing career through development and implementation of standard manufacturing principles and will have the desire to promote to high levels of responsibility within the organization. This specific position and role is for the new South Assembly Plant.
This position will also develop and coordinate shipping activities thru standardized work instructions. Shipping activities are focused on company targets in order to ensure Customer satisfaction. Looking as main objective to improve our delivery performance with of our clients.
• Reports open issues at on shift change, Order materials, supplies, or equipment, Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
• Package objects for shipping and Deliver items, respond to customer problems or complaints, transportation access authorization.
Supervises and coordinates activities of production workers, while maintaining product output and quality standards. Manages a department, consisting of employees at varying levels within the Organization. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Exercises direct supervision over department employees with respect to production quantity and quality and meeting production schedules.
- Assesses training needs and supports employee training, including communication of procedures and work practices to employees in their area of responsibility.
- Communicates procedures and work practices.
- Ensures adequate product is available for on-time shipment; this includes product for service orders. Strives to meet production schedules so as to keep overtime requirements to a minimum.
- Determines causes of production problems and resolves those issues directly or by assigning appropriate resources.
- Assists in determining root cause of PPMs and non-conforming product and helps come up with corrective actions.
- Addresses safety issues promptly and thoroughly and reports issues to appropriate personnel or upper management.
- Maintains compliance to Company policies and work rules, safety standards and good housekeeping practices. Maintains 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in the department.
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS16949 requirements per standards.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Participate in career development training and education with the goal to become promotable to management positions.
- High degree of independent decision-making. Makes decisions concerning employee discipline, the application of policies and procedures, employee concerns, etc. High impact of decisions on department production / productivity levels, and employee morale/relations. A key decision-maker.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4)year degree is preferred or two (2) year associates degree with experience; minimum of two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Computer literate or ability to learn computer skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- When performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles The noise level in the work environment is loud, hearing protection is required in all areas, double hearing protection is required in designated areas. Particularly during the summer months, the temperature of the work area may rise above 80 degrees. May spend time in an office, but most time is spent on the shop floor.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret production reports. Ability to respond effectively to complaints from customers or employees.