- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Industrial Engineer designs, develops, tests and evaluates integrated systems for management industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Steam Mapping, Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke)
- Conduct regular continuous improvement meetings with multiple departments. Document costs saving improvements for monthly review with Senior management
- Maintain manufacturing process documentation, Operator Work Instructions, Work Cycle Breakdown, Packaging instructions, Process Flow Diagrams
- Conduct cycle time studies for equipment run at rate. Conduct periodic cycle time studies for manufacturing inefficiencies or improvements
- Maintain press and assembly equipment GAP reports
- Manage PLM press capacity and press assignments
- Manage all packaging related issues, internal or external. Maintain a fleet log of containers and racks
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge and/ or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to produce succinct reports/ presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/ tasks
- Tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis
- Exceptional organization abilities with task prioritizing, multi-tasking, use of time-lines and time management techniques
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.