- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The manufacturing engineer designs, bulds and maintains machinse and tools within the facilities to ensure the most efficient and productive operation for manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes, design new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, visual management devices, drivers or other equipment.
- Coordinate and develop data communication through IoT activities, PLC integration and networking.
- Actively develop PLC logic and routines to support projects and systems.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Prepare manufacturing proposals and estimates for new products including tool cost requirements, and manufacturing resources.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions and root cause analysis.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collection, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Ensure compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years' experience preferable in automotive Tier 1/2 supply with assembly background.
- 3-4 years' experience with new program operations commissioning and APQP gate deliverables.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Proficiency in PLC programming and troubleshooting (Rockwell Automation, Omron, etc.). Background with equipment networking highly preferred.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX, etc.)
- Must be self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on hands a "hands on" approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.