Manufacturing Engineer-Afternoons or Midnights
- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Engineer designs, builds and maintains machines and tools within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive operation for manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support for the production floor on a daily basis to meet production efficiency goals. This includes basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions and connections.
- Communicate with maintenance to solve equipment problems.
- Communicate with production to address production concerns.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
· Ensure compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc).
- Plan and execute process improvements.
- Optimize equipment.
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Assist with training associates on how to operate production equipment and prepare work instructions on equipment as required.
- Support and follow all safety regulations.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent related experience in Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-3 years’ experience preferable in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PLC programming (Allen Bradley preferred).
- Experience with robotics (Nachi or Fanuc preferred).
- Experience with various types of sensors and camera systems (Cognex)
- Understanding of hotplate and vibration welders (Branson, SPM, Dukane)
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX etc).
- Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.