- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform all the tasks required to independently troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, adjust, replace and install plant mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and other components for all equipment in a manufacturing environment. These tasks must be performed well enough to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures, and identify root cause for mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Read and understand blueprints technical manuals and work instructions for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and program malfunctions in automated systems, automated machinery and stamping presses
- Installing, troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Modify existing production work cells to improve quality, productivity and ergonomics
- Perform bench operations such as drilling, tapping, grinding, welding, fabricating, etc.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
- Install new machinery as required
- Repair plant and office machinery
- Relocate plant equipment
- Ensure equipment maintenance log is completed
- Perform facility repairs
- Operate a crane and maintain a license to do so
- Operate a forklift and maintain a license to do so
- Able to program and troubleshoot robots (FANUC, ABB, Nachi and Motoman)
- Experience programming and troubleshooting resistance, MIG and TIG welders
- Setting and verifying parameters for resistance, MIG and TIG welders
- Able to troubleshoot PLC programs to conform to customer requirements and process improvements
- Must have 5+ years of industrial maintenance experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Prefer experience with metal stamping presses
- Prefer Journeyman Card
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3707