- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Effingham, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting general installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Technician works in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the Company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Reviews stock inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials.
- Inspects certain areas of the facility to ensure good housekeeping and safety provisions are adhered to.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects as needed.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Update and maintain documentation as required.
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required.
- Adhere to Purchasing Department policies / procedures.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Drive Flex-N-Gate, Ventra Co. vehicles, as required.
- Painting and decorating of the interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Participate in minor construction work, e.g., dismantling and erecting walls, finish carpentry work, pouring concrete, etc.
- Use computers, as required.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Responsible for the install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Perform mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, refrigeration, etc.
- Recognize safety concerns and alert supervision/management.
- Responsible for snow removal and ice safety, as required.
- Responsible for landscaping and the overall esthetic look of Flex-N-Gate, Ventra property.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in
CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- Must be prepared to be on call during off-shift hours and weekends.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Community College in a related field
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or; Five years related industrial repair/maintenance experience.
- Highly motivated; able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and/or in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to independently seek out and suggest downtime reduction activities and projects.
- Exhibit responsibility, flexibility and dependability.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures).
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to interpret and implement Company policies and procedures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email, CAD, electrical control and PLC software is an asset.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot.
- Possess ISO TS14001 knowledge.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.