- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Technician performs the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property.
· Read and understand blueprints, technical manuals and work instructions
· Work independently with a minimum of direct supervision
· Repair plant and office machinery
· Assist in the installation of new machinery as required
· Direct purchasing on the correct parts and services to allow for repair of machinery
· Welding skills
· Operate a crane and maintain a license to do so
· Operate a hi-lo and maintain a license to do so
· Minor industrial electrical work
· Follow proper lock out/tag out procedures
· Follow proper confined space procedures
· Perform facility repairs
· Perform normal repairs without step-by-step directions
· Troubleshooting equipment both mechanical and electrical
· Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· Good attendance is critical.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Will be required to work at heights.
· Must have visual acuity, near and far, ability to see others and safety
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
· Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.