- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The role of the maintenance mechanic is to perform a wide range and variety of maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment, processes and facilities. This position requires a general knowledge of mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, and electronics and electrical systems to include basic electrical repairs as needed or directed. The maintenance mechanic must be able to effectively plan and schedule plant and equipment maintenance activities to minimize technical downtime to plant production, and material handling activities with some supervision and direction provided by the Maintenance Supervisors.
- Arrives at plant and views all operating lines/units production over the past 24 hours.
- Understands misses, trends and potential outages affecting key process indicators.
- Participates in team shift meeting and provides data input & supports as required to ensure daily plan sufficiency.
- Executes planned maintenance and supports cleaning activities as requested.
- Participate, provide input to follow up / action planning.
- Focus on trends across the plant, and development of capability to support site operational results.
- Focus on trends, root cause problem solving, focused improvement completion, and identification of external support requests.
- Review the weekly maintenance schedule to determine necessary engagement in scheduled activities.
- Communicate effectively through various channels (emails, brief/debrief, fast response meetings, etc.) with the Arlington Plant team and External Contractors.
- Maintains a clean work area and any additional duties as assigned.
- At least one year of technical school or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively along with basic mathematical skills required.
- Able to read and comprehend technical drawings
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems and electronic controls.
- Safety and environmental training and experience
Related Work Experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Previous experience in a maintenance position utilizing mechanical and electrical skills is preferred.
- PLC programming OR troubleshooting is not mandatory but a plus.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while seated, walking, or standing for at least 40 hours per week. As well, employee must have the ability to lift 50lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. often. Must be able to climb, crawl, squat, bend or kneel for short periods.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.