- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Technician performs the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property.
· Set-up and maintain production on Engel plastic injection molding machines
· Clean & change tools as needed
· Perform all necessary maintenance on the machines
· Must have solid background in Injection Molding
· Ability to read drawings, and set up sheets
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Verify correct set-up of molds, presses, and auxiliary equipment before machine start up.
· Establish proper molding conditions. Obtain mold approval at the appropriate time.
· Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment.
· Assist Supervisor with training programs for new employees.
· Analyzes electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and operational problems of plastic injection molding machines;
· Troubleshoot and test equipment to check operations;
· Perform scheduled maintenance on plastic injection molding machines;
· Make preventive maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment; and
· Repair, diagnose problems utilizing support equipment such as overhead cranes, chillers, air compressors and cooling stations.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
· Good mechanical skills
· Two to five years related experience
· Experience in setting up molding machines as well as processing knowledge
· Proficient in mathematics.
· Basic computer skills with ability to learn Flex-N-Gate computer systems
· Ability to Read and understand instructions.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to work within deadlines.
· Must have high attention to detail and organized in approach.
· Must be able to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
· Physical Requirements Include:
o Constant: Standing, Grasping, Reaching, Lifting, Carrying
o Frequent: Twisting, Bending, Walking
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.