- # of Openings
- X-Cel Industries Inc.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Technician performs routine maintenance procedures and helps troubleshoot and quickly repair any mechanical or electrical problems should they arise with the manufacturing processes and supporting equipment and systems in the facility.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs on all, machines, equipment, and plant facilities during production.
- Ensure all scheduled maintenance is performed on time and documented correctly.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and diagnose equipment failures and root causes
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required repairs, maintenance, and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments on machines and equipment.
- Communicate any concerns regarding equipment to the Technical Manager.
- All purchases or spending must be approved in writing prior to purchase (see Purchase Requisition).
- All facility maintenance must be monitored by this associate. Report any needs to the Tech. Manager.
- It is your responsibility to complete and store all records that you use. This will be reviewed by Management.
- Minimum High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Commitment to pursue the above
- 5 years experience or more may be substituted at management’s discretion.
- Previous experience in a production environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Blue print interpretation.
- Basic knowledge of ISO/IATF16949:2016 Management System
- Participation in an employee ownership and/or empowered team environment.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Interest in a flexible, multi-skilled work environment.
- Ability to work additional hours as required.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and scissor lift and maintain a license to do so
- Must be familiar with lock out/tag out procedures
- Must be familiar with proper confined space procedures
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 7123