- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This hourly position reports directly to Facility Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of our Grand Prairie Plant as described below.
General Job Duties
•To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
•To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
•To follow Company policies and display conduct expected of our employees.
•To follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conductive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
Specific Job Duties
•Completes work orders from instructions assigned by the Facility Manager.
•Carries out preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
•Uses a multi-meter to perform electrical troubleshooting.
•Troubleshoots machinery or equipment which is not functioning correctly.
•Monitors production to ensure manufactured parts meet specifications.
•Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
•Communicate effectively through various channels (emails, brief/debrief, fast response meetings, etc.) with the Arlington Plant team and External Contractors.
•Maintains a clean work area and any additional duties as assigned.
•At least one year of technical school or equivalent experience.
•Ability to read, write and speak English effectively along with basic mathematical skills required.
•Able to read and comprehend technical drawings
•Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems and electronic controls.
•Safety and environmental training and experience
Related Work Experience
•Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
•Previous experience in a maintenance position utilizing mechanical and electrical skills is preferred.
•PLC programming OR troubleshooting is not mandatory but a plus.
- We have 2 roles: 8am to 4:30pm and 8pm to 4:30am.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while seated, walking, or standing for at least 40 hours per week. As well, employee must have the ability to lift 50lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. often. Must be able to climb, crawl, squat, bend or kneel for short periods.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.