Maintenance Technician II- 1-afternoons/1-midnights
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs PMs, repairs, and troubleshooting on injection molding machines and associated auxiliary equipment dealing with injection molding, vacuum metalizing, assembly equipment, robots, and any other production equipment and facility equipment. Perform miscellaneous duties involving other tasks associated within the plant as assigned by the supervisor.
- Services machines using hand tools and power tools for full completion of maintenance projects required.
- Ability to work on their own. Do the scheduled PMs for the month and perform the required maintenance on the equipment.
- Receive work orders and do the required work to fix the equipment.
- Must be able to operate a fork truck, lifts, and cranes.
- Able to use Maximo (the PM program) to look up parts, complete work orders, enter their times, and open new work orders for repairs if needed.
- Able to use a Digital Multi Meter to check for voltage and current needed during PMs, repairs and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Able to use the manuals on the equipment to look up parts need and procedures for PMs.
- Use manuals and prints for troubleshooting of simple electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic circuits.
- Assist with repairs, troubleshooting, and installation of equipment.
- Ability to make good decisions based on information given, or the errors that are showing on the equipment.
- Able to measure screws and barrels.
- Able to use electrical and hydraulic formulas in troubleshooting and repairs to equipment.
- Able to check inputs and outputs on PLCs.
- Able to do wiring on equipment per the prints/direction given.
- Able to make up hydraulic hoses.
- Have a higher level of understanding of injection molding machines, vacuum metalizing, and assembly equipment than Maintenance Technician I.
- Keep work areas free of grease and oil.
- Maintain 5S.
- Performs other duties as directed by their supervisor.
- Follows ISO 14001 requirements per standards.
- Follows TS 16949 requirements per standards.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Must be capable of performing job duties of a Maintenance Technician I.
- High school diploma / GED / or equivalent maintenance experience and the ability to learn/gain knowledge.
- Ability to work on their own.
- Good communication skills.
- Have own hand tools and proper safety footwear.
- Extensive experience in plastic injection molding, vacuum metalizing, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumaticsing,.
- Basic math skills.
- Mid-level PC experience
- 4-5 years of experience
- Working near and around moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles.
- Upper body mobility is required along with the physical requirements of lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling.
- Able to stand 90% of the time with frequent walking.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Use forceful ability up to 30 lbs.
Noise level may be loud on the production floor.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3782