- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Supervisor manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements. This position is for 1st shift.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requests and ensures material required for the work is available.
- Follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications (quality and quantity) and time lines are met.
- Inspects certain areas of the facility to ensure good housekeeping and safety provisions are adhered to.
- Attends and provides input in daily production meetings if any.
- Champions all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance;
- Must be prepared to be on call 24 hours/day and weekends.
- Adheres to general and real-time supervisory expectations and guidelines as established by the company.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility such as replacing light bulbs.
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Organize drawings and prepare drawing packages to support project activity
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required
- Update and maintains information in (Company Name) records systems and department databases
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Drive Flex-N-Gate, Ventra vehicles, as required.
- Coordinate the painting and decorating of the interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Responsible for the install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Initiate safety concerns and makes judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or;
- Five years related experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Ability to independently seeks out downtime reduction activities and projects.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures)
- Possess a valid driver license
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email, cad , electrical control and PLC software
- Possess supervisory skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Employee relations skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.