- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Supervise and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintenance and repair of equipment and machines in an automotive parts manufacturing environment.
Manages a department, consisting of employees at varying skill levels within the Organization. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Supervisor leads and directs all maintenance personnel on Night Shift in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements in a 12 hour Shift Rotation operation.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Ensure employees are properly trained to perform their duties.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving them.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Assign and monitor work.
- Troubleshoot and determine repairs needed.
- Oversee all preventative and predictive maintenance functions.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Performs Supervisory responsibilities of personnel assigned and as required others within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or Associates Degree; related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Journeyman Status, Graduate Apprentice, or equivalent trade experience.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Machine Maintenance experience Required
- Supervisory experience (preferably in a union setting) preferred.
- Good knowledge of pipe fitting practices, conveyor repair and obotics
- Ability to read and interpret hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams
- Ability read and interpret electrical schematics and diagrams
- PLC programming and troubleshooting preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer and employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables