- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
At Ventra Fowlerville, the Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Supervisor manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements. The position is also responsible for mentoring employees, assigning work, and communicating projects. Multiple shifts available.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requests and ensures material required for the work is available.
- Follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications (quality and quantity) and time lines are met; Ensures PMs are completed on machines and facility.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Maintains and reviews stock inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials.
- Prepares manpower schedule and grants vacations.
- Inspects certain areas of the facility to ensure 5S standards are being met.Researches materials to continuously improve production.
- Focuses on error proofing, ergonomic techniques and cost reductions.
- Contacts outside contractors depending on need, if job cannot be done by internal maintenance manpower.
- Champions all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance;
- Must be prepared to be on call 24 hours/day and weekends
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects as assigned
- Update project information and maintain project files as per company procedure
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as require
- Requisition work to be completed through Purchasing
- Attend meetings as required
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required
- Accountable for short-term planning and keeping appropriate authorities aware of decisions being made.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Community College in a related field, five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman and/or combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to lead and coach a team
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Ability to independently seeks out downtime reduction activities and projects.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Able to create alternative solutions to problem; High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoningAble to work well under pressure
- Able to work overtime as business needs dictate
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4131