Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Supervisor manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requests and ensures material required for the work is available.
- Follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications and time lines are met.
- Prepares manpower schedule and grants vacations.
- Researches materials to continuously improve production.
- Champions all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance;
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Accountable for short-term planning and keeping appropriate authorities aware of decisions being made.
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or;
- Five years related experience.
- Prefer Journeyman Card
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4746