- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform all the tasks required to independently coordinate, communicate, setup, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment. These tasks must be performed well enough to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time when problems occur due to mechanical failures. Primary shift - 2nd.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures, and identify root cause for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Read and understand blueprints, technical manuals and work instructions and schematics for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Disassemble, reassemble and test complex machinery and sub-assemblies
- Perform bench operations such as drilling, tapping, grinding, welding, fabricating, etc.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
- Install new machinery as required
- Repair plant and office machinery
- Relocate plant equipment
- Ensure equipment maintenance log is completed and maintain complete maintenance documentation.
- Communicate, coordinate and/or perform facility repairs
- Write and read basic PLC logic
- Safely operates cranes, hoists, forklift and man-lift
- Must have 5+ years of industrial maintenance experience
- 6 axis robot experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Willing to work all shifts and overtime
- Ability to operate a crane and maintain a license to do
- Ability to operate a forklift and maintain a license to do so
- Knowledge of PLC logic
- Physical Requirements on a frequent or constant basis may include but are not limited to:
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3468