Maintenance- Mechanic- Millwright
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ensures safe operation and repair activities during shifts, and coordinates plant downtime and maintenance needs with the Maintenance Supervisor. A successful candidate will have experience with fabricating; structural platforms, safety guarding, hand rails, assembly cell equipment, misc. weld repairs on tanks, racks & hooks, and engineering projects. This position is on C crew from 7pm-7am on a rotating scheule, with every other weekend off.
• Installation and maintenance of equipment throughout the facility and equipment, polish heads, plating hoists, pumps, presses, paint line conveyor equipment and compressors.
• Maintains all motor control systems of pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with Power & Free System and equipment racks
• Read and accurately interpret blue prints and schematics
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet and on top of equipment, in a safe manner, when needed.
• Lifting requirements range from 30-100# occasionally
• Work in awkward positions including lying on back and working overhead, inside presses
• Performs welding for repair work
• Safely operate cranes, hoists, forklift and aerial work platform devices up to 60’ high.
• Works in variable temperatures inside and outside from subzero to 150 degrees F
• Requires use of respirator and chemical suit, level B.
•Minimun of 2 years experience and a High School Diploma or GED, or squivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
•Must be able to pass pulmonary function test and respirator exam to wear negative pressure respiratory protection.
• Must be clean shaven in the face piece-to face-sealing surface when wearing a respirator
• If vision corrective lenses must be worn, must be able to wear glasses. Contacts are not allowed under certain working conditions
• Must be medically approved to perform this job if using a medical device that is affected by electromagnetic fields
• Weight Limitation: must weight not more than 310 pounds (person plus tools) in order to use fall protection equipment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.