- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Manager coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Manager manages all maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance department with some potential responsibility for the tooling department.
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility such as replacing light bulbs.
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Organize drawings and prepare drawing packages to support project activity
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required
- Update and maintains information in Flex N Gate records systems and department databases
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Requisition work to be completed through Purchasing.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Drive Flex-N-Gate, vehicles, as required.
- Coordinate the painting and decorating of the interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Organize minor construction work, e.g., dismantling and erecting walls, finish carpentry work, pouring concrete, etc.
- Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Schedule preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Responsible for the install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Organize mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, and refrigeration etc.
- Initiate safety concerns and makes judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Responsible for snow removal and ice safety.
- Responsible for landscaping and the overall esthetic look of Flex-N-Gate, Ventra property.
- Accountable for short-term planning and keeping appropriate authorities aware of decisions being made.
- Prepare monthly reports and budget
- Preparation of capital plan in consultation with unit maintenance committee
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Community College in a related field
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or;
- Five years related experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures)
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Possess supervisory skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Employee relations skills
- Statistical Process Control for Machine Capabilit
- Possess ISO TS14001 knowledge
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.