- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Shelby, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate Shelby is a Sequencing Facility, responsible for the Assembly of front and rear Bumper Systems for Chrysler Truck Vehicles. The Maintenance Manager will manage/coordinate the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, as well as coordinating Plant Layout
- Set-up and maintain the Preventative Maintenance (PM) system
- Coordinate all PM's timing throughout the facility
- Purchase and Track all Spare parts
- Supervise direct 2 salaried staff and Indirectly 9 hourly Maintenance Personnel
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Oversee Environmental Health and Safety program (EH&S)
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment
- Plant Layout
- Time Studies
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Update and maintains information in records systems and department databases
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Requisition work to be completed through Purchasing.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program Maximo
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Schedule preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Responsible for the install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Organize mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, and refrigeration etc.
- Initiate safety concerns and makes judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Prepare monthly reports
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Five plus years of Leadership and Supervision of Maintenance Personnel
- Experience setting up and maintaining a full Preventative Maintenance (PM) Program
- Maximo Ticketing system experience preferred
- Sequencing experience
- Experience maintaining all EH&S -Environmental Health and Safety programs
- 10 plus years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman/technician and or Supervision
- Industrial Engineening
- Plant Layout
- Time Studies
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Ability to train current and future Maintenance personnel
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Statistical Process Control for Machine Capability
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.