- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
The Electrician performs a variety of job duties including:
1. Installation and maintenance of all electrical aspects of the facility and equipment including lighting, presses, paint line and compressors.
2. Maintain all motor control systems and all electrical aspects of pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
3. Troubleshoot electrical circuit issues
4. Read and accurately interpret blue prints and schematics
5. Must be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet and on top of equipment, in a safe manner, when needed.
6. Lifting requirements range from 30-100# occasionally
7. Work in awkward positions including lying on back and working overhead, pulling wire overhead
8. Safely operate cranes, hoists, forklift and man-lift
9. Works in variable temperatures inside and outside from subzero to 150 degrees F
10. Shift is 8-12 hours. May work overtime up to 10-16 hours. Two 10-minute breaks/ shift and 20 minute meal break.
1. Must be able to pass pulmonary function test and respirator exam to wear negative pressure respiratory protection.
2. Must be clean shaven in the face piece-to face-sealing surface when wearing a respirator
3. If vision corrective lenses must be worn, must be able to wear glasses. Contacts are not allowed.
4. Must be medically approved to perform this job if using a medical device that is affected by electromagnetic fields
5. Weight Limitation: must weight not more than 310 pounds (person plus tools) in order to use fall protection equipment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.