Maintenance Electrician (Robot Programming)
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Manintenance Electrician (Robot Programming) perform repairs that include replacing worn or defective parts of machines. Maintenance Electricians also may be involved in taking apart existing machines, a common situation when a manufacturing plant needs to clear floor space for new machinery. To do this, each part of the machine must be carefully taken apart, categorized, and packaged.
- Troubleshooting injection moulding machines; fabrication skills; ability to service and maintain all types of production machinery, as well as hydraulics, pneumatics.
- Reads and interprets diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Will be required to create adequate sketches if none are available from other sources.
- Dismantles and/or repairs machinery and equipment using various hand and power tools. Moves machinery and equipment using appropriate lifting and transport devices.
- Erects, assembles and installs a variety of equipment and machinery as required.
- Constructs foundations for machinery and equipment using appropriate construction tools and materials.
- Aligns machinery and equipment using the appropriate tools and devices.
- Erects and/or dismantles proper scaffolds and performs appropriate rigging to erect or dismantle machinery and equipment.
- Tests equipment after making necessary adjustments, and/or repairs or replaces defective parts or systems.
- Sets-up and uses machine tools to produce/modify necessary components.
- Carries out regular inspections and performs designated preventative maintenance procedures to utilities, services, buildings and machinery as directed.
- Performs repairs and/or modifications to buildings and structures as required.
- Plastic injection moulding experience a definite asset
- 3 -5 years’ experience as a ticketed Millwright
- Certificate of qualification (Electrical-Millwright) and have completed a bonafide apprenticeship
- Electrical experience would be a definite asset
- Good working knowledge of PLC controls, an asset
- Experience in automated equipment
- Welding ticket a definite asset
- This is primarily a straight afternoons position but must be flexible to work days, midnight’s and overtime as specified
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2547