Maintenance Apprentice- Machine Repairer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Maintenance Machine Repairer Apprentice will be responsible for completing on-the job-training and classroom training to achieve a Journeyman Card. Apprentices are responsible for their proficiency in becoming skilled in maintenance of the facility and equipment.
Maintenance Machine Repair apprentice will achieve proficiency in areas such as:
- Following safe work practices at all times
- Work cooperatively as a part of a team to solve downtime issues and increase machine efficiencies
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures
- Using basic PLC knowledge
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Reading and interpreting hydraulic, pneumatic, machine manuals and electrical schematics
- Operate lathes, mills, plasma cutters and cutting equipment to fabricate/ repair machines and equipment parts
- Perform welding to install, modify, repair and maintain equipment
- Use drawings, blueprints, schematics, service manuals, etc. to install and/ or repair equipment
Applicants will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required (must provide transcript or official copy of diploma/ GED)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (non-relative, teacher/ instructor, supervisor, etc.)
- Completed application
- Basic skills test score of 75% or higher
- Able to pass pre-employment screening including background check, drug screen and physical
- Prefer candidates with previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment (stamping or robotics preferred)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3201