Maintenance and Automation Manager
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenae and Automation Manager develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), vision systems and motion controlled programs on manufacturing equipment and machinery. They are responsible for prioritizing, assigning and scheduling projects and maintenance activities to minimize downtime and execute such activities at the minimum cost to the organization.
Establish and update schedules for all maintenance required to ensure the continued optimum performance of all automation.
- Program robot paths and operating parameters for new products and continuous improvement of existing programs.
- Design and construct automation end of arm tooling for new products and continuous improvement of existing programs.
- Instruct and train all team process engineers and die setters in "real time" trouble shooting techniques. This includes basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions of automation and connections.
- Initiate robotic application enhancements with regard to part quality and safety.
- Program vision systems and operating parameters for new products and continuous improvement of existing programs.
- Program PLC and operating parameters for new products and continuous improvement of existing programs.
- Develop, organize and improve spare parts inventories.
- Participate in the advanced product quality planning activities for the development of control plans.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
- Investigate mechanical and electrical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Design and implement lean manufacturing and Total Production Maintenance programs.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain automation.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and debug robotics programs.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and debug PLC programs.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing technology required.
- 7-10 years of management experience required.
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC programming hardware and software.Competency with Allen Bradley Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Panel View series)
- Competency with Cognex vision systems programming hardware and software.
- Familiar with ABB, Fanuc, Nachi and Motoman Robots.Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control and power system equipment.
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3486