- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings and work processes.
Cutting, shaping and finishing metal to make precision machine parts.
Building precision parts using metal cutting machines and equipment including saws, drills grinders, lathes and mills.
Performing work-in-process measuring and checking using specialized precision tools and equipment.
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Risk Management
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Manual dexterity and the ability to remain standing, crouching or bending for long periods of time
Grade Twelve or Equivalency.
Proof of education and course outlines from the educational institutes are required.
Must have excellent attendance at work.
Must be able to do all essential duties of the position.
Required to rotate shifts.
Candidates will be required to pass a series of aptitude tests.
Registered as a Machinist Apprentice
Preference to 1st or 2nd year Apprentice with automotive background
Ability to read, write and speak English
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.