Machine Operators $15.40/hr - Temporary Part Time (Summer Students) - Must Be Available for All Shifts
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Inspects trim, torch and assembles raw product moulded in injection
Unionized Environment: Must be able and willing to work 3 shifts (Midnights, Days and Afternoons)
Starting Rate: $15.40/hr - 40 hours / week, overtime after 40hrs.
Position will be utilized from April 2021 - September 2021 (dates are flexible), to cover the summer vacation period.
- Inspects trim and torch and assembles raw product produced in injection;
- Labels work in process tags;
- Enters data of scrap into system;
- Produces components by following work instructions to assemble parts;
- Inspects parts visually for obvious defects;
- Installs tape, steel and/or other components to moulded/painted parts as required;
- Packs finished products in racks, bags, cardboard boxes, dunnage and totes;
- Label parts ensuring label accuracy;
- Maintain records by inputting into the Defect Input Module (DIM).
- Maintains work area per 5S sheets posted.
- Ensures all parts are labeled properly following plant wide colour coding system.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions;
- Remove molded parts from machine or conveyor and trim excess flash with a knife or gate cutter
- Check parts for quality defects; must be able to visually inspect parts produced; shorts, sinks, splay, and colour etc
- Apply proper hardware: tape, clips, foam, trees, etc
- Packaging parts properly in appropriate boxes and bins
- Make labels from computer and apply to boxes and bins in proper locations
- Ensure that all charts are calculated properly
- Chart the proper information every 4 hours or as required by job instructions
- Grind runners and rejects between shots
- Keep machine area clean
- Must wear proper safety equipment at all times
- Must be at work on a timely basis to ensure you are at your workstation at shift start
- May be re-directed at any time
- Must be able to come in on any shift
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.