- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Machine Operators will be utilizing various machines and equipment to manufacture automotive components on a timely basis.
- Remove molded parts from machine or conveyor and trim excess flash with a knife or gate cutter;
- Check parts for quality defects; must be able to visually inspect parts produced; shorts, sinks, splay, and colour etc.;
- Apply proper hardware: tape, clips, foam, trees, etc.;
- Packaging parts properly in appropriate boxes and bins;
- Make labels from computer and apply to boxes and bins in proper locations;
- Grind runners and rejects between shots;
- Keep machine area clean;
- Must wear proper safety equipment at all times;
- Must be at work on a timely basis to ensure you are at your workstation at shift start;
- May be re-directed at any time;
- All other duties, as required or assigned.
- Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency;
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos;
- Must be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions;
- 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8397