Machine Operator - Welding / Assembly
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for operating welding robots, resistance welders and assembly machines in a safe and effecient mannor.
- Performs jobs within operation of assigned work center and according to print specifications. Operates machinery in an efficient and accurate manner utilizing proper guarding and established safety procedures. Runs assigned jobs at rate.
- Verifies guards / safety devices are in place prior to start up. Shuts down any type of machine that has a hazardous condition that can create an unsafe condition for an operator or any person in the area.
- Conducts the visual and dimensional checks of parts for defects. Completes paperwork properly which includes scorecards & production boards. Uses Help Chain for equipment problems and scrap/quality issues
- Maintains a constant watch of all machine components to verify functionality and prevent damage or breakdown
- Reads process / work instructions and signs training logs.
- Participates, recommends and initiates solutions through team concept.
- Tracks all scrap produced. Responsible / accountable for defective product produced.
- Ensures proper tagging / labeling of produced parts.
- Instructs and trains other operators as appropriate and assigned.
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS16949 requirements per standards.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- High school diploma or GED is Preferred but not required
- Previous record of safely operating manufacturing machinery in a fast pace, high volume production environment.
- Previous experience operating forklift, overhead crane or any other industrial machinery prefferred
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2847