- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This is a Corporate role assigned to work with tooling and packaging teams to contract logistics suppliers to satisfy the pre-production logistics demands of new programs.
- Understanding of carriers (LTL/Truckload with Air/Ocean a plus)
- CTTS- Transportation Requests- Get all the Data put in the system and coordinate the process
- Process Customs paperwork
- Support Plant Locations on any Transportation Issues
- Requests for Quote
- Bid Submissions
- Day to day transportation movement operations
- Suppourt New Programs/Facilities
- Experience in contracting freight moves internationally and domestically, including air, ocean and over-the-road dispatch experience;
- Experience with cross-border shipments, including preparation of customs documentation;
- Strong systems capabilities and experience, preferably with Microsoft products including Excel, Word and SharePoint;
- Solid communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to follow and enforce prescribed processes for order entry into a SharePoint system used to bid out, award and track in-process shipments;
- Ability to stay organized while coordinating multiple projects;
- Clerical skills including filing, data entry, freight bill audit, etc.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3743