- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford Inc.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Launch Engineer will work closely with the Plant Program Manager and Launch Technician to support launching of new programs, lead in building customer prototypes, support packaging modifications and manage and coordinate changes with Operations, corporate teams and customers. The candidate for this position will need to be constantly flexible as responsibilities will vary on a daily basis. This position is looking for an engineering graduate on a first assignment and in an entry level role. Engineering graduates include Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineers. The candidate should have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Read drawings and engineering instructions.
- Apply knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- Identify problems, develop and evaluate options to implement solutions.
- Work with manufacturers or field representatives.
- Listens effectively to manufacturing personnel to assess problems and solutions.
- Participate in department training programs.
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trents and best practices.
- Support launching programs including attending corporate and plant launch meetings, support customer at Run@Rate preparations and events, Support new document development such as process flow, PFMEA, control plants and job instructions, support new and upgraded tooling including but not limited to traveling to trials.
- Lead in building all customer prototypes, manage prototype components and inventory, package and label all parts and and shipments, insure all shipments are on time and monitor arrival and disposition of all orders.
- Support packaging modifications, interface with customers and corporate packaging team, coordinate and conduct packaging trials, coordinate and conduct all customer packaging PTRs, insure all interfaces are updated and insure all packaging is approved and documented correctly.
- Lead in Operations Implementation Process (OIP) change systems; Manage and coordinate changes with operations, corporate teams and customers, chair weekly meetings for all changes, coordinate and manage bank builds, coordinate and manage tooling modifications, coordinate and conduct all customer PTRs, prepare all PTR shipments and work with IT to update and improve the change systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as ACAD.
- Flexible work schedule to coordinate with program builds.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to apply engineering standards to problem solving.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- High level of sound and independent judgement and reasoning.
- Some travel as required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4463