- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for planning, directing and/or coordinating the laboratory programs.
- Plans and implements the overall laboratory policies, procedures, and services.
- Ensures efficient and effective departmental operations, including department quality control and compliance adherence.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Analyze and monitor performance of laboratory testing.
- Produce reports regarding non-conformance of products or processes, root cause analyses.
- Participate in the development of product specifications.
- Review statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field.
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- Leads and directs the work of Laboratory Supervisor’s Manager
- Generate and maintain operating budgets.
- Direct laboratory priorities.
- Interface with internal departments to understand the demands that are coming to the laboratory.
- Ensure compliance with all customer and regulatory specifications as they apply to testing of product in the laboratory.
- Responsible for requisitioning equipment for the laboratory as needed to maintain a steady and efficient laboratory workload.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals.
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Weekly and monthly monitor, order and report to Purchasing Manager and Controller about chemicals for Steel and plastic Plating process as a Chemicals Inventory
- Troubleshooting for defects in plated parts , coordinate with Plating Manager
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field or in a related area.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a test laboratory.
- Management experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in health, safety and environmental standards.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of data processing.
- Ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence.
- Manage time effectively.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Experience in project management.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5389