Lab Testing and Fabrication Technician
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform mechanical and environmental engineering tests.
• Build fixtures to support test samples for test.
• Set up test stand with required equipment to perform test. Actuators, sensors.
• Take detailed measurements and documentation, label samples and photograph abnormalities.
• Communicate with engineers and test requestors.
• Make observations of flaws / issues with test samples before during and after tested.
Experience in the following test equipment:
• MTS hydraulic equipment set up and operation, using MPT software.
• Environmental test chambers set up and operation.
• Set up and operate a low speed pendulum and barrier system.
• Ability to learn the operation of custom purpose built test equipment.
• General knowledge of working on industrial equipment
• General knowledge of working on passenger vehicles.
• Able to work unassisted or as a team.
• Able to manage time, and support overtime if needed.
Maintain Lab equipment:
• Perform maintenance and preventative maintenance on all equipment.
• Repair down equipment when possible.
• Make parts for equipment when if possible.
• Responsible for scraping parts and keeping the lab appearance looking professional.
• Responsible for cleaning, organizing and maintaining supplies
Experience in the following fabrication equipment
• Welders mig, tig,and Plasma cutters
• Machining stations, mill, lathe, drill press, band saws
• Experience with building/ machining with 80/20 type material.
• Cad experience, able to design, read and modify prints.
• Maintaining stock and ordering materials.
• Ability to lay out complex coordinates for machining.
• Make quick modifications to existing fixtures.
• Assist Engineers in mocking up test samples, or repairing for further testing
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.