- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform photometric testing within lighting lab for development and certification testing
- Set up test point files, light source usage, and lamp test functions in the goniometer software.
- Set up tests in the environmental chambers for thermal, heat, dust, corrosion and water spray testing.
- Perform weekly goniometer calibration checks.
- Perform color testing on lighting devices.
- Review test requests for standard tests or variations of standard tests.
- Calculate and record test data.
- Perform and troubleshoot routine equipment maintenance checks.
- Ensure necessary quality checks and calibration prior to each test.
- Schedule, coordinate, and perform as appropriate pre and post testing.
- Coordinate outsourced testing with internal and external labs for all environmental testing as needed.
- Perform tests, generate, maintain and issue/post test results, data, etc. into the Test Request system.
Interface with requesting engineers to ensure tests are performed to intent and to customers’ expectations.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in photometric testing and equipment maintenance.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.